Our Commitment to Client Satisfaction
Trust Deed Scotland is a trading name of Harper McDermott Ltd.
We do everything we can to make sure our clients get the best possible service. We are committed to 100% client satisfaction. If you’re not 100% happy with our service, we’d like to hear about it. That way, we can do something to put it right.
We want to:
- Make it easy for you to tell us about your complaint
- Give your complaint the attention it deserves
- Resolve your complaint without delay
- Make sure you are satisfied with how your complaint was resolved
How to complain
- Written complaints: Complaints Department, Harper McDermott Ltd, First Floor, The Reel House 7 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 1RW
- Telephone complaints: 0141 278 3989
- Email: email@example.com
What information to provide
If possible, please provide the following information to help us investigate your complaint:
- A summary of events that led you to make a complaint, including the date and time of any relevant event
- Who did you deal with at Trust Deed Scotland?
- Your full name, address, contact details and any customer reference numbers to allow us to locate and review the correct case file.
What we will do
We will log and acknowledge your complaint, normally within 3 working days of receipt. If a detailed response cannot be provided immediately, a timescale will be provided confirming when it is expected that the response will be sent. This timescale would normally be no longer than within 10 working days from receipt of the complaint.
If we are still investigating your complaint after the initial 10-day period, then we will explain why more time is required to investigate the complaint and provide you with an indication of when we expect to make our final response
Within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will have issued our final response. This letter will detail our findings, confirm whether your complaint has been upheld, partially upheld or not upheld and confirm if any redress is due to be paid.
Should you remain dissatisfied – Trust Deed complaint
Our insolvency practitioners are regulated by the Insolvency Practitioners Association. If you are dissatisfied with our final response or we have been unable to respond within 8 weeks, or at any other time in the complaints process, you can refer your complaint to the Insolvency Practitioners Association, via the Insolvency Complaints Gateway, by any of the following methods:
- Calling the Insolvency Service Enquiry Line on 0300 678 0015 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Completing the online complaints form on the Insolvency Service website https://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/ExternalOnlineForms/InsolvencyPractitionerComplaint.aspx or
- Emailing the Insolvency Service on firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Completing the online complaints form and posting it to IP Complaints, Insolvency Service, 3rd Floor, 1 City Walk, Leeds, LS11 9DA.
If you have not received a satisfactory response within eight weeks of submitting your complaint you will also be able to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman or the Accountant in Bankruptcy, the Scottish Government agency responsible for supervising Protected Trust Deeds.
Should you remain dissatisfied – DAS complaint
Our DAS Money Adviser is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. If you are dissatisfied with our final response or we have been unable to respond within 8 weeks, you can refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This is the independent service for settling disputes between businesses providing financial services and their customers.
• Visit their website – http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
• Call 0800 023 4 567
• Online complaint form – http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help
If you have not received a satisfactory response within eight weeks of submitting your complaint you will also be able to refer your complaint to the Accountant in Bankruptcy, the Scottish Government agency responsible for administering DAS.